Sunday, May 09, 2010

well... not exactly, but I enjoyed it while it lasted :) and Happy Mothers Day!

I got serenaded today, mind you, it wasn't for a whole song.. it was just until the men realised I wasn't the mother of my niece and then solely directed their singing to my amazing sister in law. However, it was pretty cool while it lasted - and fun to be included in for even a little while.
We were having a picnic in the park for Mother's Day and it really was the most completely random moment with men in bright orange shirts coming up, giving me a rose (and then taking it back to give to my sister in law who was the actual mother of the delightful girl sitting in my lap) and breaking into song - it was fantastic.The whole day was pretty great - after they left to go and have mother's day with my sister in law's mum (not the men in orange shirts, my brother's family) I took my rug to another park and watched clouds for a while. I've decided that no one needs to have answers when watching clouds. At least, I don't.
Last night was the first night in almost a fortnight where I didn't wake in the middle of the night due to pain - which is another reason why today was so great... but the real reason is this. Although my mother is on the other side of a great big ditch of water I'm incredibly glad that she's my mom. I told her about my lack of waking up last night, to which she replied, I thought so - it was the first night since it all happened that I didn't wake up in the night praying for you. This, along with so many other things hallmarks my mom. I know you read this - so as you didn't get a card this year: "Happy Mothers Day" I love you.... and so does Jake grandma ;)

No comments: