Tuesday, May 11, 2010

and even when

I was driving back to work today from an appointment in town and on my way up the hill I glanced over to the valley beside me and saw this picture. Soon after, I took a photo of it on the way down the hill after doing what I needed to at work and as I look at it now, pray that the impression I had when I saw it was true.

The vista I saw clearer than the photo taken on my camera shows was this - an intense rain storm in one isolated area, one tiny circle of rain, with everything around it being clear from rain.

I felt it showed exactly what I've been going through this past two weeks, and after my appointment in town, am likely to go through for at least the next week too. Three weeks of emotional and physical pain - three weeks of rain, but that there's a limit to it. I certainly hope I'm reaching the edge of the storm and that it will soon be but a memory - but for now, I'm happy to hold on to the thought that "this too will pass".

Before my appointment I had on Matt Redman's song "you never let go" and put it on repeat so that when I got back in the car, no matter what happened during the appointment I'd be encouraged by the words - I'm thankful that I was, and I'm thankful that they're true.
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

No comments: