Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Adoration

Tonight I went to my first Catholic service with a mate from work. It was a service called Adoration and, at his parish, it is a once a week 24 hour service where people can come and go at will, but where there is always someone there praying or reading the bible or in meditative thought.

It was very cool.

We only stayed for about 30 minutes but I was so encouraged during that time. Encouraged by the act, encouraged by the fact that such a service is there, praying in our city non-stop for 24 hours each week, encouraged by the friendship to invite me and openly discuss what we each believe and our journeys to this point.

I was also encouraged by this scripture I read during the time of Adoration:

Psalm 139:

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

No comments: