Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Pub and A Car - what more could a girl want?



I went to a country pub last night with some mates from work and their husbands - the kind of pub that as you wait in the parking lot for a car you recognise you see a bloke get out of the passenger seat of a holden commodore holding a stubby of VB in one hand and getting a kid out of the back seat with the other... The kind where you state your preference in beer and someone asks "what's a stella?" - thankfully Andrew (Michelle's husband) knew what I was after and was able to get me something similar ... It was a really fun night and I enjoyed letting my hair down with some mates who were courteous enough to walk me to my car and take note of the little things to not make me feel left out as the only single in a group of couples - to have a great night like I did in this situation really speaks loudly of the people I was with.

now... on to the car! I want to buy a car. Having the Magna whilst my parents have been out of the country has made me realise that I just can't go back to the old Camry... so I've been looking and reading and I think I know what I want :) I'm really enjoying driving and would rather like to continue the experience

While a Mini Cooper is fun (and possible - there's a very cute one at a dealership now)... I think I want a Subaru WRX (Ironically my brother just sold his :() all wheel drive, a wee bit of grunt, stunning as all get out and a whole lot of fun to drive. And what, with petrol under 90c a liter I think I may just do it when I get back from NZ! Why not have a wee bit of fun like this as my policeman friend (again, Michelle's husband) said to me last night at the pub - when you're young and don't have to have a certain type of car to suit your family life now's the time to do it.

It's all part of letting my hair down - and liking who God has made me
I'm really enjoying the freedom thing

No comments: