Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Theology of the Body

I started today a CD series on Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body.

It's deep. It's confronting. It's looking at where you've stuffed up in the past, and what your current issues are with new eyes... but in that place of falling short, not being condemned, but being renewed (or that's the plan at least).

Mind you, I've only just finished the first CD... and in honesty, while the rewards seem great, there is still a massive journey to undergo. I've made some rather large stuff ups in the reams of what this Theology is about, at times I've lusted instead of loved (although I can honestly say that I did love too).

Ironically, I just found out that the speaker on this series, Christopher West, hails and teaches out of his base in Lancaster, PA. God only knows why I keep on hearing or reading about that city and state a couple of times a week from different sources, God only knows.

... what also sucks is looking on the site and finding the CD set I paid $80 for is free to download!... or part thereof at least - the download seems tailored at Protestants instead of Catholics whereas mine is from a Catholic retreat. I guess some of the phrasing would be different but it's not, and shouldn't be taught as a singular Catholic theology, as Mr West says - it's universal.

No comments: