Friday, September 05, 2008

One Year Later

The title of this blog could apply to many things, one year since I've been in Hong Kong, one year since I've been overseas, one year since I was broken up with... This trip falls on the anniversary of all of these things.

It was inevitable that I'd go through certian emotions during my stay, I love Hong Kong and some of the best memories I have were made here. You don't just throw this out. I am however, very thankful that I can remember at the moment without the pain. This morning for instance I went to my fav. take-a-way store for breakfast. MIX. The last time I was in that store in Central was with him, he was the one that opened the door for me, he was the one I talked with. This morning was different, obviously (I shared the time with Barb), but thankfully the shaddow of good memories has not detracted, perhaps only enhanced the experience and made me realise how much I've grown over the past year.

Back to the trip though - I've arrived! I do hate flying, but God was very gracious in giving me two lovely ladies in the same row with a seat between us and while the turbulance was aweful, I'm here safe and sound and that's all that matters. 8 hours of a high heart rate and anxiety levels are not fun :(

It's not often that my expectations are exceeded. With my hotel they are though, which is a wonderful bonus - a showerhead the size of a dinner plate, lovely crisp fresh room, clean, marble, and one of the 6 cheapest hotels to stay that was listed on Expedia. The bed is as hard as most HK beds are (for those who haven't experienced this, imagine lying on cussioned concrete and you're about there) but the linen is lovely 400+ thread count! (Goodness me - I've turned into such a snob)

I'm about to go out to a birthday lunch with a friend at the nearby hotel, then will go home for a snooze before hopping on a Chinese Junk tonight for the Hens party - my oh my I'm looking forward to that!

I'm still a little ill, but it's manageable, and I'm sure you're probably board by now so I'll sign off!

Before I go though - I really really really love Hong Kong...I'm just wondering how I'll go with the whole no pork no seafood thing that I've stuck to for the past 11 months...

No comments: