Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Best Hens Night EVER

In the two and ... years that I spent in Hong Kong I never went on a junk. Last night, at Deb's Hen's night I had the amazing opportunity to do so, and loved every minute of it.

We launched from Aberdeen and anchored in Deep Water Bay with champagne flowing freely and delicious food. I thought they were joking that the top level had beds to lie down on, but it really did! Little floor level mats that you could sit on and just enjoy the time with great friends in an incredible atmosphere... so relaxing!

And yes, there are photos coming :)

I'm sitting here at MIX (again) enjoying my quiche in Harbour City after getting to the Ladies Market 3 hours before it opened. Hong Kong is not the city for early morning starts, and one of the disadvantages of living here previously is that I don't check the guide books... hence the trip over to TST instead of hanging around in Mong Kok.

Hong Kong is a city to experience. I'd forgotten the smells, the business, how nice it is just to walk by an airconditioned shop in relief of the humidity, the open air street markets selling chicken meat, how easy it is to get lost, the air conditioning systems that drip on you as you walk on the street beneath them... and then the blissful peace and serenity of going somewhere quite and still. Hong Kong truly is an amazing city. I'm enjoying being a visitor.

I'm heading out to Causeway Bay this afternoon to go to my fav. pub Inn Side Out where I shall certianly enjoy a Fullers Organic Honey Dew beer or two. I'm really looking forward to catching up with a few mates there.

Finally, I've decided that instead of buying small little trinkets for myself during my stay I'm going to buy one big thing. Something beautiful to really appreciate and commemorate this trip by.

1 comment:

Miwa in HK said...

Ooooh.....:) soooo good:) Thanks for sharing!!!:):):) Happy times at Inn Side Out- I never did manage to get back there again!! enjoy!!:)