Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Stolen Moments

Today ought to have been a really great day - in fact, up until 3pm it was.

I got out of bed fresh as a daisy, got to work early, sorted out the final few glitches before giving the ok for the website which I've been working on for the past 4 months to go "live". It was a truly successful and wonderful feeling. Following that, I was able to work on the "back end" of the site some more to enable parents to access things that the normal public can't.

The site looks good, the additions are functional, the admin staff are excited (which means more chance it will be fully utilised) it was a wonderful moment.

Moments get stolen though...

Around 3 O'clock I pressed one little button on my email client and !BOOM! no longer will it work on my laptop (not Kelper - my work laptop)... sigh... shut down, rebooted, unistalled, reinstalled, rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled etc. etc. etc. it's still stuffed. My boss was a great help too telling me I shouldn't have "fiddled" with the button assuming I knew what its action would complete - yes. I wish I could have pressed rewind to the perfect moment I had earlier on... sigh.

To top it off my car wouldn't start again.

Now at home with a Kilkenny and hoping the issue can get sorted out tomorrow! I'm a PA for goodness sakes! I shouldn't be in charge of I.T.!!!

No comments: