Sunday, June 29, 2008

YouTube Afternoon - Slim Dusty and G'day G'day

Driving up the Range (a big hill to get from the farm to Toowoomba) last night I heard the song "G'day G'day" on the radio and it really made my heart lighter. Check out the link below with photos of Brisbane (I thought it might be a boon for the Aussies away from home and funny for the non-Aussies out there!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TrRqv-flU&feature=related


Also - while surfing You Tube this arvo I looked up Rodney Atkins who I have to admit I'm a bit of a fan after hearing his song "Watching You" a while ago talking about how his son watches him and wants to be just like his Dad. This song, and the others that I've heard from him sum up just about everything I like about country music - honesty, heartfelt lyrics, and well.. yes, cute guys too!

No comments: