Sunday, July 06, 2008

Reality

I went to the pound yesterday looking for a new friend... It was a horrid experience looking at all those big searching "take me home" eyes with tails wagging and heads crying out for patting... knowing that if no one did take them home they would be put down.

Reality has struck though - now that I'm actually buying a dog, should I? Our yard and house looks absolutely amazing without the presence of an outside member of the family - we have a back porch where we all love to sit, grass that is thick and wonderful to walk on with no piles of poop to pick up. I want one for companionship and exercise and yes, peace of mind for when I live alone (a 3-4 month stint coming up), but it's a huge responsibility and one I don't want to take lightly...

I want a dog, but do I really?

No comments: