Sunday, July 06, 2008

Its a grand life

I have had an amazing morning of driving slowly around town, enjoying the overcast day and rain. The markets were great as usual (although a little cold) and I've got this huge tub of freshly picked strawberries as a treat - I can't believe how great they taste!

I popped in to see Bruce, one of the guys at my bottle shop, for a bit of a yack and a recommendation for a new beer to try. I really love my bottle shop - they're always getting in new stock to try and every now and then I get a promo item - today Bruce gave me a some Johnny Walker cufflinks! It's quite fun and my beer knowledge is improving week to week, it's also really really nice to have a place where you're known as a regular and you go there as much to say G'day as you do to buy something.

Jack's coming round this afternoon for lunch and I'm quite excited as I haven't seen him in over a month. I asked Jonno what he now likes to eat, and I'm quite glad moved off the corn chip, avocado and sour cream phase.

Must run to get the house ready for the tribe - oh - and two great games last night if you missed them, do whatever you can to watch a replay of the NZ vs South Africa tri-nations match, it was the closest and best rugby match I've seen in a while.

No comments: