Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Morning After

Yesterday started with a very chilly 5am with my feet freezing in my boots, and fingers so cold they were unable to tie my filly up in the float as we traveled off to a horse show where we got utterly flogged. The class we were in was for 2 years and under so our little 9 month old weanlings didn't stand much of a chance against horses that were broken in and better muscled. That having been said though, the black QH filly that beat us in Marburg came second :<

We got back to the farm and after a quick cup of tea I was on a horse preparing it for a parade today in Brisbane, off the horse and washing 3 others so tired I could barely keep my feet after a huge week at work. Thankfully, considering the event today was for the Light Horse Troop my services were not sought... so I left the farm at 6pm and went to church fortified by a take-a-way double shot hot chocolate enabling a sleep in this morning.

I've had an incredibly delightful day. Sleeping in, brunch, reading and a glorious day. I now sit in the botanical gardens writing away with birdsongs serenading, a lovely crisp breeze and the fresh pine smell of the tree I rest again.

I recognise, as three bike riders slowly glide by, that "The Morning After" is an unusual title for a blog where the antecedent evening was occupied by church going and sleeping alone. Yet it fits for a singular reason. Last night, God, through the sermon preached (1 John 1 was the text) healed me of my hurt and bitterness that I've recently written about. Only God is capable of healing and removing the type of pain that yesterday was so tangible, and I give Him the for what I asked for and what He has done.

No tears were involved, no laying on of hands, no outpouring to a third party, yet no less real is what He has done. The pastor spoke on the darkness that can be in our lives as Christians, there is light yes, but like twighlight in comparison to noon-day darkness can still be present where we don't have fellowship with others as we know we ought. How it mentions in 1 John 9-11 that:
11But he who hates (detests, despises) his brother [in Christ] is in darkness and walking (living) in the dark; he is straying and does not perceive or know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. (Amplified Version)
Further, he went on to elaborate that unless we love others (and don't hold things against them) we can not really love God.
1 John 2:2-4 And He [Jesus Himself] is the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins, and not for ours alone but also for [the sins of] the whole world. And this is how we may discern [daily, by experience] that we are coming to know Him [to perceive, recognize, understand, and become better acquainted with Him]: if we keep (bear in mind, observe, practice) His teachings (precepts, commandments). Whoever says, I know Him [I perceive, recognize, understand, and am acquainted with Him] but fails to keep and obey His commandments (teachings) is a liar, and the Truth [of the Gospel] is not in him.
Hard teaching, and strong words but at the same time, freeing ones. My love for God is greater then my hurt and so I choose, in light of God's love for me to lay it aside. That simple. Thanks for your prayers, I don't think I would have been open to this word were it not for them. I rejoice that the pain is gone... and thankfully astounded too!

No comments: