Thursday, May 22, 2008

God IS Good

I know... I seem to go from bad to good to bad to worse to great in my blogging, even though in retrospect I feel like I'm reasonably even without these MASSIVE waves that I seem to reflect.. perhaps little waves but not the skyscrapers and deep caverns that come across :) then again, I'm just me and me is pretty happy with me (even in the low points I know how good my life is).

The purpose of this blog though is not to elaborate on my mood swings (hmmm... perhaps I should note the times of month they are... (sorry to the guys but it's a valid point!)), but instead to exclaim to the heavens and everyone else that God IS Good.

The reason for this particular exclamation is this:
Mom rang me at work today to say that she couldn't find a hotel to stay in next week that was in budget for while Dad's in hospital. Looking at the prices myself, with each night being over $140 I shared her concern and made some calls. People were willing to discount a little, but on the whole, prices were fixed even with the multiple nights she is in Brisbane.

So I made one final Google search and came across another hotel - still expensive but reasonable and in walking distance to the hospital. I made the call and thank the Lord, the prices were even less then quoted - under a hundred dollars for 2 people (her and me for the nights I travel down) and they are so caring... people I know my mom will receive help from if she needs it - not just people out to make a buck.

Praise God for all his mercies, big and small, he really cares about all our problems, big and small.

No comments: