Saturday, May 17, 2008

Identifying the Ailment

With an empty house this past week I haven't been feeling as chipper as I would have liked - sort of on edge and narky [as a sideline - is narky just an australian word??]. While work's been great, towards the end of the week I have to admit I was a bit of a wreck.

I went out on Thursday night for dinner by myself and enjoyed a martini as a starter - with a heinously long day on Friday at work (Principal's meeting at our school) I came home to meet my parents just back from a prayer summit with friends that knew me when I was a wee one in the Philippines. While it was great to see them, I just needed to get out so off to the farm where Lynda and Janelle had organised an impromptu girls night...

Lynda, knowing how I've been coping, asked me tonight before I left (a few trips down to the farm and back this weekend as I needed to hostess a morning tea with pastors from the Philippines, Japan and New Zealand) asked me how I was, in particular regarding a specific circumstance... I thought for a while and after waffling a bit realised the heart of the issue - I've been really lonely. Not any new reason, and nothing against my best mate at all, just with the house empty and Dad's impending surgery, I've just been feeling a bit more vulnerable than usual.

That having been said - I've noted that identifying the emotion has gone long way in relieving the angst of it...

No comments: