Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Father’s House

In church this morning I overheard a conversation in which a lady said she wanted to look nice and dress up a little bit when she came into her Father’s house.

What a concept = entering into our Father’s house to meet with him and publicly state that he is Lord. It’s a view of going to Church that I really like.

With that in mind and the acknowledgment that our God reigns, I pictured myself in my Father’s house whilst in church this morning, sitting and talking to him with the comfort that I have with my own Dad – sharing issues of the heart and mind. Being comforted and strengthened by the thought of my Father, the God of all heaven and earth.

Dad’s surgery is tomorrow morning – I’d appreciate prayers for that, for Mom, and for our whole family. Personally, aside from the unknowns relating to the surgery and the recovery period, I’m a bit anxious about the travel back and forward by myself, especially the early morning trip back to work on Tuesday with a 6am start… how quickly I’ve become a country driver again – the big city scares me :)

Oh – and for my sister-in-law’s knowledge, I’ve downloaded the sermon and shall listen to it this evening!

No comments: