Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A new season?

I love Autumn.

I wake with a fresh sense of excitement about the day (well… I do if I’m not having a down day!), I sit on the porch and have breakfast with mom, then travel to work listening to my country music (I know a few people are cringing now!) and sit at my desk with the flowers outside and wish now and then that I could play hookie to go for a horse ride in the perfect weather.

Yesterday I got an email that was an answer to prayer. I have no idea if anything will happen, but just knowing what I now do has given me a sense of peace after a weekend of making myself crazily busy so I wouldn’t stay at home waiting for the phone to ring.
More than anything though, I don’t want to run ahead with my thoughts, daydream and live in fantasy. Instead, and this is my prayer, that I would glorify God with my whole being now and always… and continue to place my trust in him and not myself or other people. If my life is his, then I can trust him to guide me and guide others whose actions affect my life.

No comments: