Thursday, January 24, 2008

A pub, a restaurant, a take-a-way and a cocktail

On the way to Brisbane last night with Mom (a quick trip to visit Steve who's in town with work) I realised 4 things. I miss my HK Pub, Restaurant, Take-a-way and the only place I know that serves a decent lychee martini...

So if you're in or around Hong Kong, do me a favour and enjoy while you can take-a-way from MIX (spinach, pumpkin and mushroom quiche fits under the CRI budget), have a beer and nachos from the Inn Side Out bar in Causeway Bay, when you have guests take them to the Peak and delight at Cafe Deco's amazing menu and service (I highly recommend the NZ Venison and Wild Mushroom Risotto), and if you're really splurging have a Lychee Martini at Isola at IFC II's outdoor area (go to the roof area on the 3rd floor where the bar is - it's got a restaurant as well but I can't comment on what I haven' experienced!) ... mmmmm.....

I was drooling so much at the thought of these four delights I almost forgot about my debts and hopped on a plane just to have them again! of course, what is food without friends - I'd need enough to shout some buddies too!!!

No comments: