Friday, January 25, 2008

How long will it last?

Over the past week of convalesence I've been reading cooking blogs and recipe books like they're going out of fashion... adding to that, I've been following up the research with some actual baking! Today for instance I'm making Chocolate Mousse that Maria sent me, and for my best friend who's on a brilliant roll of healthy eating, a Pistachio and Crasin Muesli Slice that I found in an Australian Women's Weekly cookbook.

I've been sooo frustrated though with lost recipes - for instance, I had a brilliant one for Spiced Apple Breakfast Muffins in Hong Kong that I can't find for the life of me in all my web searches (why oh why didn't I bring it home?), and for the past 7 years I've been lamenting the loss of a Cinnamon Sticky Bun recipe I saw in a magazine made 5 times and have now lost :(

Hence today, my search for a recipe book to keep all these gems, with my notes and variations. The only question is, how long will this craze last? Is it worth it??? Will it work for good in my efforts of hospitality, or will I become board in the endeavour?

No comments: