Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Last Sunday I had an emergency appendectomy, from which I am still recovering, but very glad to be much better than I was. Prior to the surgery I was quite proud of my "no vomiting" status - no matter how sick I was, how big a night, or nauseous I just didn't vomit... bring along an intolerance to Morphine, Pethidine and Digesic later I can now no longer claim that title!

Oh well... probably too much information there!

I woke yesterday with an urge to bake (currently there is a lemon and blueberry bread baking in the oven), and am hoping that the trend continues.

I'm sitting here though on my couch feeling "blah", I have everything in the world to be thankful for, but still that quiet pain that I've spoken of before has once again crept upon me. Unbidden thoughts wondering the "IF", not regretting, not wishing, just wandering through hurtful places - sadistically torturing my mind.

Goodness me though! I've had all these wonderful ideas to write upon this past week, and here I am, finally sitting down for the first time before this page and all that comes to mind are depressing anecdotes! Rest assured though I am doing very well, despite all my ramblings. I've found a peace in the past month that has evaded me and am looking forward to a NEW year. The old has, and will as a continued exercise, been put behind me, and I look forward with hope and anticipation to all my Father has.

Stay tuned - it's going to be an exciting year. Hopefully no romance though :)

1 comment:

Miwa in HK said...

You're wonderful Liz:) Looking forward to travelling through this year with you!:) Loads of love!!!