Friday, October 05, 2007

Out of Character - but LOVING it!

Today I did the unthinkable... one of the most out of character things I've ever done... but I feel great having done it! "and what was it?" I hear you ask??? I quit my job!

"But I didn't even know you we're working" you say in response - and it's true, which makes what I've done even more surprising - I have given notice after two weeks, to a job that needs someone who is wiling to commit much more than I.

I feel so EMPOWERED, much more than I have in a long time, if, in fact, ever! I have made a choice - and based on many valid reasons, I will leave my job at the end of October, having done the right thing by my employer and by me.

In writing the word "choice" there, I think that is part of the empowerment. For a long time I've felt tossed by the winds of fate - and even though I've known that God is in control, I've felt very little control, just hanging on and trusting. This job, which I didn't look for has been part of that journey of trust and I'm thankful that I'm choosing to depart, which I'm also trusting is right - it certainly feels right however much a change from the security seeking me :)

So happy days to all and sundry - make a choice today - and feel better off for doing so.

No comments: