Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Hunt is On...

After my visit to Centrelink yesterday I now have to apply for 10 jobs a fortnight - aghh. Gotta love wrong information, but at least I get paid whilst searching (pay day today!!!).

I've applied for two already today, both PA roles with one being much more intensive than the other (PA to the MD of a large regional building and construction organisation vs PA to a Real Estate agent). I've also got a lead which might land me by word of mouth a Town Planner's job - imagine that... Liz the Town Planner!

The whole system's a little odd because if I'm offered ANY job within 90 minutes drive I need to take it to stay on the government scheme, and if a better offer comes, I then chuck the bad job and take the good one. I think it's rather unfair to employers, and means that they have to wade through tonnes of unsuitable applications, or get employees not keen for their work.

Ideally I'd only be applying for 9 day fortnight roles within 20 minutes (max) drive. That's dreaming though! And as such, you may soon see a blog on Liz in the Meatworks or some such thing :D

Gotta love it.

No comments: