Thursday, September 20, 2007

After leaving a friend’s house following a delicious meal yesterday evening, Lizzy commented on the moon and stars. For one of the first times since being home I registered that we have stars - actual points of light that shine in the night sky, not just one or two, but multitudes beyond counting in 30 seconds!

I’ve started to enjoy doing nothing, but also recognising as I start to resurface into the world again, that while so much seems the same, things are also quite different.

In all honesty, I’m not missing Hong Kong, or my work there at all. I expected to, but nope, not a dash of disappointment! I'm heading down to the farm for the first time today, Lynda, after a day's delay returns from the US and we're going to catch up via a tour and inspection of the horses :)

On a sadder note, Emma will also be leaving me today - but we've made good friends and she's promised to visit again.

No comments: