Friday, September 21, 2007

Vacuumed

I find myself awake at 2 in the morning with a very disconcerting feeling. It’s that the last two years have never happened.

It feels like everything that has happened has been vacuum packed and that pack has been squeezed into an almost imperceptible slot in the timeline of my life – one that you can only see in detail when you scroll the mouse over it and a pop-up box reveals detail.

It’s sickening really. I’ve slipped back into my old life with such simplicity that I might never have been away. Same little red car that needs to warm up before you drive it, but is fun to drive. Same room (that’s prone to get messy fast). Same Toowoomba that’s hardly changed. Being at the farm yesterday was odd too, I might never have been away from there either, or without my best mate whom I’ve missed so much. To top it off, I’m going for a job interview today with a company in the same building as my old employer!

Well – I don’t know why all of this is happening, or why I feel this way, but as the song goes “trust and obey for there’s no other way”.

No comments: