Tuesday, August 17, 2010


I was doing some research on the web and in the process checked out my old church in Hong Kong’s website. I got the biggest pang of nostalgia I can remember in a long time.

I really, really miss my church. I also miss Hong Kong – not what I did there or where I worked, but Hong Kong as a place and city to live. Many of my memories are incredibly fond and while part of me is still recovering from aspects of what happened when I lived there, I would live there again in a heartbeat. I even miss the smells walking down a humid street...

I could do anything at the end of this year – there are so many options that are open to me and things that are possibilities. Do I restrict my options to a direction which I’m currently leaning, or do I instead go “yes, I loved this place, and if it happens again that I move there great – but for now – God – anywhere and anything I’m yours”. It’s a matter of trust – and yes, as someone’s recently reminded me – risk too.

I find myself thankful for the journey that I’m walking with God, my parents and close friends right now – it’s not comfortable, but I have to keep on reminding myself that it’s good. It’s very good.

No comments: