Sunday, August 15, 2010

bliss

"what are you thinking about" "tomorrow" - these are the last words of my favorite TV Series, The West Wing - a series which I tend to watch all the way through, about once or twice a year. I don't skip through to my favorite parts, even though I know it so well, but I love the progression and watch it season by season through from Year 1 - 7.

Tonight, we watched the final episode and it was, if I do say so myself, the perfect cap to a great weekend.

The weekend started on Friday night, having the neighbors over for dinner. A full on, but delightful experience with two very energetic young boys! The next morning started with this:
Breakfast with my mother - french toast, maple syrup, ice cream, strawberries and banana - Yum... with tea of course! The book you can see is James Herriot's fantastic book (or all his books in one I should say) another of my favorite things to go through every now and then.

I bought my niece's third birthday present, went for a 3 hour ride down at the farm, found a lost paper which I sorely needed (!!) and then had a movie night with my best mates, followed by a brilliant late night phone call with excellent and exciting news from a friend.

This morning started with an incredible church service - it was a church that I hadn't been to much before and as I turned up late, could hear the choir singing from outside - as I looked at the building, the stain glass windows and smelling the flowers on the spring breeze while hearing "Then Sings my Soul" it couldn't but be a grand day.

The sermon was on Joshua - and trust, which I thought was an interesting coincidence considering the pondering of my mind lately.... a huge walk with my dog and an amazing find for Sunday night dinners - $6 porterhouse steak with chips and gravy ($2 extra if you want veg) at my fav. pub for which I shouted my parents and I.

As I lie in bed and write this entry of my weekend I am thankful. My mind and heart are still jumping from point to point, wandering and confused about much more than I'd like to admit - but content. Content that I can still enjoy so many little things which make a great thing, and content that when I step back, away from the turmoil of my mind (which is naught but my own making sometimes) and reflect upon the Maker of heaven and earth - God is in control... and he IS worthy of my trust.

No comments: