Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bitter Sweet End

For the past three months more or less our family has journeyed through some pretty tough times - perhaps tougher because it was "closed door" and unable to be shared with those around us - or at least for me unless they lived outside of where I do now and weren't connected to anyone here.

It culminated in an event this morning and which left me feeling exceptionally proud of my family - parents especially. The reason is this: When one goes through times which are bitter and tough, to share of them with a large group not giving vent to that pain but bringing release and sweetness of words instead is an incredible thing. This is what my Dad did.

I'm very proud of him, very proud of my mom and very thankful to God - He gives joy when least expected. For example, this morning before stepping out the door I went to fix my hair and noticed that my mom had muck all through hers - my expanding mousse was mistaken for hairspray and it was everywhere! In the carpet, on her shoes - expanding away. It was good though, because while she wanted to look fabulous, instead she was given something to laugh at whenever she felt otherwise and so was I - especially when her hair turned stiff and straw-like :)

God is the God of the ironic, laughable and joyful - and once again tonight I am very thankful for that. We have a choice in these moments - it could have been a crying day, instead though, we're all smiling.

No comments: