Friday, October 09, 2009

Thanksgiving.

I had a really, really sucky day today. As I type this I feel like curling in a ball and watching something that makes me laugh, or feel special, or even just cared for. Which is crazy – because I know I’m fun, I am special and more than that I’m cherished.

I’m just finding it hard to see the good things right now after a really hard day at work, and a few personal things cropping up too.

Ironically, tomorrow night I’m holding Thanksgiving. Big Turkey, heaps of people, the works.

I decided to have this because too often we forget to be thankful. We don’t stop. We don’t reflect. We don’ t just even pause to say thank you. And when we do we soon forget, just like I’ve done with the end of this week. There’ve been some fabulous points throughout this week, some great laughs with a friend, some happy moments of encouragement and being blessed in return, an incredible weekend and holiday before that – and yet, too soon in the business of the week and the suckiness of my day I’ve forgotten.

Pause, remember the good, be thankful = the resolution to a bad day.

No comments: