Thursday, October 01, 2009

Perspective

I've signed up to do a "Team Penning" course on the weekend, which, is probably not the best of ideas all round considering my need to further de-stress before school goes back. Especially as the trainer is one of Queensland's best riders...

By Sunday night I'll have been in the saddle four days straight.

Basically, I've been defeating myself in my mind before I even get there. I want to appear good. I want to win. I want to show I can handle myself. I want to be liked.

Interestingly though, I had a wake up call while praying about it. A wake up call which was obviously needed. Instead of the "I" focus, my perspective needs to change - simply - that God might be glorified in my actions, whether I make a fool of myself or not. It's how I react to what happens that counts. My example - my attitude - and my reflection of Jesus is what matters. Especially in a community which knows very little of him. Yes, have fun, yes be myself, yes feel free to joke and have a beer - but endevour to let God shine instead of have others think well of I.

The rest can learn to live with whatever happens... and soak in the bath afterwards!

No comments: