Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sitting in Not for Sale Seats

Last night was un-freaking-believable!

One of my favorite musicians for a very long time has been Billy Joel - thanks to my brother, Andrew for introducing me to his songs at an early age, I became a fan firstly because he was and then because I actully really liked the music.

When I saw that Billy Joel would be in Brisbane I was so excited to go, and two of my friends from work wanted to get Gold seats so I joined in and paid the bit extra... how needless! As we were walking in the doors this guy approached us asking if we wanted front row seats (we were originally in the stands) thinking he was a scalper we politely said no until he convinced us he was with the crew and Billy apparently likes to save some seats right at the front for a little... how did he say it "eye candy"... While I've never thought of myself like that before, and I'm still not to sure about the morality of the whole thing far be it from me to turn down FRONT ROW SEATS!

Pictures coming soon - I forgot my camera so we're getting pictures from the other girls who were "chosen"...

some funny stories from the night?
  • I realised how innocent I was and SO not a groupie when the girl two seats down from me had her breast exposed and Sam had to stop me from mentioning it to her!
  • One of the guitarists was close to the girl in terms of dress sense considering what we could see of him :(
  • I managed to keep my hands off Mr Joel... but I can't say the same for my friends!
  • Best song of the night - We didn't start the fire - we were all up at the stage by that time (the signal was given that we could get up from our seats at River of Dreams) and had a hillarious time dancing away

Feeling very very brazen and not at all myself I sign off after my first every rock and roll concert with the following thoughts

  1. I got one of the guitar picks from the evening which was really cool...
  2. Considering we never would have got the seats if we'd been with any partners for once I relished in being single :D

No comments: