Sunday, November 09, 2008

Jetlagged but thankful thoughts...

I said to my brother Jonno that I was shattered when speaking to him this afternoon and his comment was "why? you've only traveled 3,000km!" ... actually, it's over 8,000km in under 48 hours so I guess I have reason if this blog isn't exactly.. well... entirely making sense as much as I'd want it to.

I can't say how pleased I am that I made the trip this weekend to Auckland. My time with my Nan was incredibly special. A precious time where she shared stories of her childhood, my father growing up, and perhaps the most personally special... she remembered me. Nan had a really good day and I'm so thankful for that.

Other highlights of the trip were spending time with Steve, meeting all his friends (I was so vicariously popular! "Steve's sister! - Steve's sister is here!!!". I think some of the greatest things that can happen when you meet friends of someone that means so much to you is a) they are warm and welcoming b) you have fun with them too c) you think that they're great people and are stoked that they have such great friends and d) they can't say enough good things about that person!

Spending time with Brenda and David was great too and I'm looking forward to spending more when I get there in Christmas.

It was great too seeing mom and dad, and being picked up at the airport by Mom in Brenda's Z3 BMW :) - I do want one of those!

Looking forward to Christmas in NZ...

There's so much more that I wanted to write in this, but I think that will come when I'm less exhausted.

1 comment:

Solon said...

glad you had a good time :)
xo