Monday, October 20, 2008

She was right

My best friend said just last week that she always knew when something quite specific happened because I'd be down afterwards... I laughed at the time thinking "that's not true!"... but it is.

This specific something happened this past weekend and again I'm doing the whole cognitive therapy again... picking myself up and challenging those thoughts that come to mind. constantly.

Miss Morissette speaks so much truth, encapsulating my current emotions not only in Simple Together but here in the lyrics to You Learn:
You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn

You grieve you learn
You choke you learn
You laugh you learn
You choose you learn
You pray you learn
You ask you learn
You live you learn

I pray I'm learning.

No comments: