Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lucky Timing

Due to a mistake on behalf of lastminute.com.au I haven't been able to use my credit/debit account since Saturday evening. To cut a long story short they billed me twice for my tickets to NZ and I'm $1400 out of pocket until it can be reversed tomorrow...

I was craving a green chicken curry this evening and realised that I had no rice! (something unheard of in my house) Considering I'd spent all my loose change on other incidentals I was going to have to forgo my dinner dish for something less dishy... until I remembered! I hadn't cashed in a $7 instant win :)

So up I walked to the store and purchased not only some rice, but some milk with coins to spare!

The smell of dinner cooking is delightful and whilst I've been horribly inconvenienced, making do and pinching pennies (when I know the situation isn't long term) has been an adventure which I've rather enjoyed.

No comments: