Sunday, September 14, 2008

The top drawer

Have you ever noticed that when, in movies, people want to take something off the desk they always put it in the top drawer? And when they do, there's hardly anything to see in that drawer... almost as if that drawer's only intended purpose is for taking documents off the desk they don't want people to see.

I've been thinking on a few applications for this analogy, but aren't going to write about any of them - just state that none of my top drawers have ever been empty.

Emma is dreaming... she's laying down on the ground below me and has let off a few growls into mid air. It's been a real comfort having her to stay, last night she even got the honor of sleeping on a sheet (which covered the carpet) in my room. I had a bad coughing fit and when she'd ascertained that I was in fact alright, went and posted herself at the doorway as if to say "it's ok, I'll make sure you're safe". The bonus is that she didn't get me up in the night and as far as I can tell, didn't have any "accidents" - not too bad for a big black Labrador used to a farm.

Finally - I'll end tonight's blog with this - It's my mom's birthday today. I'm so very, very, very thankful God foresaw to grant her to me, and for me to be born by her. She's one amazing lady that I am honored to know, am blessed to be loved by, and inspired to be more like.

No comments: