Monday, September 15, 2008

Blessed

I was immensely blessed this evening by two incredibly generous and loving friends who came over and cooked me dinner. Kirstie mentioned that she had put a corned-beef on to cook before work, and when I was tentative about venturing out this evening to eat it suggested that she and her flat mate Melinda come over with it instead.

I feel so cared for. So loved. So appreciated.

Here is a point of confusion though - Here are two of the most outstanding women I know - Kirstie who is flamboyant and funny and fabulous as all get out - Melinda who is gentle and cultured and so incredibly sweet - both smart, great jobs as teachers, pretty, & wonderful families.. why are they still single? What is the go with all the eligible men?

I know of too many other ladies like them, godly women, strong women (but not too strong) feminine and gracious.. and single. I am honoured to be their friend and as such wish them one day to have a partner that will appreciate them as they deserve.

No comments: