Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A challenge and a thanks

I go to a salon once a month for a few "girly" things and tonight I got my hair cut for the first time in a very, very long time... unfortunately, along with the space in blogging I've also taken a break from photographs so there are none from this period, but trust me in saying it grew to a length not seen falling from my cranium since the early '00's.

I have a really good relationship with my beautician, we chat most of the appointment and get along really well. I've been challenged though in the question of, "do I conform to her standards, or does my difference in life choices, specifically my Christianity show through?"

A friend once showed me how important it was to be honest, more so, REAL in who we are. I'm happy with how I'm following his example, but I question if I'm actually following Christ's in my actual living. Is my being "real" actually detracting from Christ? Is my lifestyle one that speaks more highly of the world I live in or the Christ that I serve? I'm not so sure...

Anyway, Mom has seen that I'm writing a blog and has asked to be mentioned kindly in it - I respond in following: "How could I not speak kindly of you? You brought me a fabulous lunch out to work today just to spend time with me and blessed me even more by the book you gave me (50 things to do on an airplane). I came home to a meal that was cooked and fabulous conversation and I really do think I have the best mom in the world."

No comments: