Sunday, June 22, 2008

Heading Back

I'm booking flights and accommodation this week for Hong Kong in September, where I'll be attending a good friend's wedding. I've decided against the Island Shangri-la in terms of a hotel (however nice it would be) in favour of something a little cheaper in order to have some more spending money.

In planing my trip I'm coming up against a lot of emotions in heading back to a place that is so special for many reasons, but also filled with a great deal of pain. I'm aware that I'll be seeing some people, one in particular, who have caused me a great deal of pain. This female has hurt me like no one ever has, but in the process I've been made stronger and this is what I think I need to focus on - not the pain - but the process which has been redeemed by God.

Aside from the narkiness - so many special things happened there that aren't any more. How do I visit these places and not long for what once was? I'm not sure... Either way, I think I'm going to be spending the entire time on my knees or drinking too heavily - probably a bit of both :) I've decided that I'm going to have the time of my life - go with the attitude not to worry about things for the 5 days while I'm there, and with God's grace confront things as and when they crop up. I guess this trip might be the focus of a few more blogs!

I am really looking forward to seeing people though, and so excited to be able to be at the wedding of my dear friend. I'm looking forward to my honey beer, and my Peak restaurant meal, and a Lychee martini and a hundred and one different things... book me in - my diary's filling up!!

Oh - and for those of you who are getting into the warmer months of the year, spare a thought for us over here - I needed to wear my snow jacket out to the markets this morning (farm fresh fruit and veg - yum!) and my hands are only just now thawing out..

1 comment:

Miwa in HK said...

:) You will have a blast!! Wish I could be there with you!! Loadsa love:)