Sunday, June 15, 2008

For an hour alone...

I've stayed home from Church this morning for a blessed hour alone at home... since Dad's operation (from which he's recovering really well), home, while still very sweet, has become slightly claustrophobic with constant presence in the house.

To be still and know that it's just me, God and the birds singing sweetly outside is a boon to my soul. I've cleaned and vacuumed, made a passionfruit smoothie, and now, after only an hour, I feel incredibly rested and relaxed.

This past week at work was quite stressful, with my boss away and various issues with staff I was hugely thankful that I came home on Friday night with energy. In fact, I even left the house before 7am to go down to the farm to muck out stables... I must be feeling good *grin*.

I'm even more thankful for being ok at the end of this week as today marks 2 weeks off my prescription. (When I ran out of pills before my trip to Canberra and was unable to get more, realised that I was coping really well without them and have decided to stop for the time being.) I've been taking what a dear friend calls "my happy pills" since getting back from Hong Kong and seeing my Doctor who said I should have gone on them long ago... they're not strong, but certainly took the edge off a low or anxious mood. I'm definitely not ashamed of taking them and would recommend certain people really think about prescribed help to get back on track, and would go on them again in the future should need be. I've been so thankful for their help, and my doctor's, as the new patterns of thinking and positive reinforcement has been lifechanging.

I've also bought a crock-pot or slow cooker.. very stoked and enjoying the world of coming home to a meal that's been cooking away while I've been at work.

Finally, I'm shocked to say it, but while I was watching the Wallabies win over Ireland last night I had a vague thought that I miss watching NFL! This when I'm watching the first rugby international under Robby Deans coaching... oh well, it's grand loving sport! (especially might I add while eating a thai green curry that I cooked washed down with a Kilkenny beer!)

No comments: