Monday, April 21, 2008

Out of Bounds

I'm fairly confident on computers... in fact... in most office environments I've been in, I'm the "go to person" for "HELP! How do I do this" type questions.
At the moment though, I feel like a school kid who's wondered into the "out of bounds" are of the play ground and suddenly realised there was a reason for it being restricted. For instance, my reading at the moment consists of the Joomla! User Manual, OneNote training docs, and the Inspiration User Manual... I'm learning a Content Management System and how to manage a website all in the name of being a P.A... that in addition to research and further learning of more programs... By the way - can anyone recommend to me a program that enables you to have multiple desktops on one monitor? (apparently the new mode of education is 8 display screens all running simultaneously).

It's just a big learning curve..
This week will be a busy one, aside from my job (which I really do enjoy!) I have dinner invitation on Wednesday (Evan's cooking!) heaps of cooking and housework, and a great weekend with the possibility of a surprise visit by Phil Phil :) Seems like weekend visits are the thing of the future - Nev and Viv are also here on Thursday (YEAH!!) - which reminds me, Thursday night is the launch of Emily's Voice in Toowoomba - if you're in town it would be great to see you there

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Microsoft has a powertoy for Windows XP that lets you have up to 4 virtual desktops.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

somewhere_smiling said...

You're a legend Steve :) thanks!!!

somewhere_smiling said...

Ok... now this is getting scary - I've just downloaded Adobe CS3 and have a whole new bunch of programs to learn!!! Does anyone know of some good on-line training courses????