Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A great night out

I've just returned home from an evening at Ev's place and I must admit that I haven't had such a good, relaxed conversation for quite some time. Evan and I graduated together at Toowoomba Christian College, and have stayed in contact through the years. It was a really cool night where we discussed everything from wine to school mates to love to religion to God to who would have ever thought 10 years ago that we'd be sitting here doing what we now are discussing it all over a bottle of merlot

It has been decided though, that as two of the remaining 4 unmarried graduates from our class we shall enjoy a bottle of wine at each subsequent wedding... and when we're the last two left, perhaps two bottles...

It's really good to have people in our lives that we can pick up after years of not speaking or staying in good contact, and really being just "acquaintances", to have a night like tonight. Yes, the wine was good - and as a good friend has taught me I'm drinking lots of water so I'll be fine for work in the morning, but more than that - it was good just to shoot the breeze and have a night out.

No comments: