Sunday, October 07, 2007

Letting Go?

After listening to a very poignant sermon today from Bruce Louden, I went down to Spring Bluff for some quite time with my Maker over a cup of tea and a long lunch.

While sitting down, alternating between my book, enjoying the stillness and speaking out smatterings of the confusion and wrestling struggle I'm facing, I was reminded of this poem.

As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my friend.

But instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.

At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How can you be so slow?"
"My child," He said, "What could I do?
You never let them go."

Today, this afternoon, I want to let go - at least, I want to want to let go! I know I need to let go and trust God with that segment of my life - knowing I can't try to control it anymore, knowing I must leave it in his hands 'til he mends it (& me) and gives it back, or, until he mends me and trusts me with something else.

I'm not sure how to do this, as I said, I'm not even sure I want to. I know I need to though, and I ask for His Grace to help enable me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,

I love reading your blog. Besides from keeping me up with what your doing, you make me think about things in my own life. You inspire me to do more and to do better.

love
Kimbers