Monday, June 18, 2007

Poor old shoe


I put on my trusty sandles this morning on my way out the door to go for a swim, and found to my shock and horror they'd broken! While having been wearing down for some time now they were still highly functional (although far from pretty) until the toe strap broke. Good for short walks still, unfortunately, based on a similar demise of some black sandles I got when last in Toowoomba, I deem them dangerous for day long wear.

I've had these shoes for a good 3 years now, and only bought them when I was at the coast due to my others giving me horrible blisters. I thought them terribly ugly but they were CHEAP, and soon grew on me. A bargain bin $20 buy has been one of those long time shopping successes... and I am sad.

Here's hoping Stanley tomorrow will provide a faithful replacement!!!


P.s. My two pairs of Docs though are still holding up strong after 7 & 5 years respectively, some of the only shoes that have survived HK without needing re-soling

P.s.s. Yes - a very boring blog I'll admit, but to honour these sandles less would be a travesty

No comments: