Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Day

After a late night I decided to skip the 9am service (leaving here at 7:45!!) and head to the 11 o'Clock instead which was very lively by comparison indeed. I was almost shocked when the pianist ran his down down the keys during one of the more exuberant choruses... mind you, to put it in perspective, the song was a 70's classic and the only instruments were the piano, an organ and a small choir. It makes me wonder how on earth I'll cope fitting back into my church back in Toowoomba where the service I attended while back home on holiday last year began with some of the youth leading stretching exercises so that we could all "limber up" for the praise and worship...!

Following the service I joined a small group of girls that I've recently met at St Andrews for a Vietnamese meal. It's been a while since I've had a meal with such banter and laughter around the table. I declined an offer afterwards to go shoe shopping (although I did admit to shoe envy of Kirsten's sandles...) and instead went window shopping to discover if Ian would get a Fabio Caviglia tie for Christmas that I saw displayed whilst using the Peninsula's lavatory the other week (see blog below). After a search through the Peninsula's arcade, I hopped over to Harbour City and finally found the displayed items... for HDK2,900 a pop! Sorry Ian... no wonder I liked them! (yes, that was 1 tie for about AUD450, but they were stunning)

Whilst browsing through Harbour City I grabbed a loaf of bread and a mango juice from the bakery and stood listening to the free concert being given. It was amazing standing there listening to this very talented gentleman play, and then watching him ask for requests and play the tune (sometimes after listening to how it actually went on someone's mobile phone).

I walked through Kowloon Park on the way home, realised that we've got 418 days until the Beijing Olympics and hopped on the mini bus home.

After two phone calls, I'm lying on my bed, typing this and listening to Talking Life on 96.5.

A FABULOUS DAY :)

... BTW - long weekend, hoping for a lazy day tomorrow and going to go to the dragon boat races on Tuesday at Stanley... hopefully I'll remember my camera...


No comments: