Monday, May 14, 2007

I’m interested in Nakedness.

Not nakedness in the bodily sense (although I bet the title made you think!), rather, nakedness in being open, honest and transparent.

Searching to be real.

Inside myself, to myself and then out of that, to others. The same line of thought that to be able to give, we must be in a place that is able TO give: To give a man a glass of water, one must first have water to give, in continuance, to be real to others, I must first be real with myself.

I am far from having the answers, or from being honest with myself about all motives, or living a life of transparency, but I think that’s ok… it’s a process, much like undressing. That process must be guided by God, through his word and through Godly counsel, but it must take place.

I also think, in this formative stage, that whilst a vulnerable place, it should bring freedom and life – not only to yourself but also to others. After all, Christ came that we might have LIFE and live it in abundance - and through that glorify Him.

I’d be interested in your thoughts

Also – check out this site. I think the best Blog I’ve seen. http://nakedpastor.com/

By the way, I was talking with someone about their experience with their firstborn’s birth. They said that whilst it was soon forgotten with the joy of meeting his little one, the stench was horrid. I like the parallel that in order to birth the nakedness in us, and go through the transition to new and complete Life, we must go through some fairly stinky patches!!!

No comments: