Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fascinating!

After a MASSIVE week I rushed out after work tonight to have coffee with someone that I met recently. It was one of the most fascinating conversations I have had with someone in a long, long time.

We have differing faiths, and, with this being understood had a great time discussing a variety of topics. Charity work, music, travel, life in general, goals and values.

He was flattering, open, engaging and dynamic - yet reserved and very polite - as he has been since I've known him.. yet, as neither of us will date outside of our faith, there was no awkwardness in defining the relationship. A spoken agreement that it was nice to have a conversation with someone so grounded, but no thinking that this is a possible partner.

I'm glad I've made a new friend, and I'm also thankful for the experience I met him through and understanding gained about his faith, along with the challenge it has been to live my own more fully.

With that being said - I'm off to the first night of a course called The Truth Project.

No comments: