Friday, January 08, 2010

I'm no Lara Croft

...but even she had to start somewhere

I'm sitting at an internet cafe with 10 minutes time to write this blog, and my fingers keep on hitting the wrong keys on the silly keyboard so it's likely to be a short one! and backspace is in the totally wrong position :(

Today I had my first session learning to ride a motorbike... yes, I hear you know calling your friends (no matter where you are in the world) telling them to stay off the roads just in case! Actually, after a SHOCKING start (I was the only person today to fall off thier bike and drop it "ouch" and I did it on the first exercise :( it was a whole lot of fun. A lot still to learn and it will be a huge shock if I get my P's tomorrow but that haveing been said I'm really glad I'm doing it, even if I'll be repeating the process of another session next week.

I blog about my experience while it's so fresh in my memory for a very simple reason. Today I learnt that while I'm not exactly a perfectionist, I do like to get things right and know how to do them well - with something like learning to ride a bike, I'd probably be doing much better at it if I just wasn't trying so hard. Probably another good thought to carry me through this year.

With that thought and MANY aching muscles I'm off to my hotel :) No more internet until I get home tomorrow night so emails will have to wait - this keyboard is awful!!!

btw : this is one of my "I'm going to give it a shot" things for the year!

No comments: