Sunday, October 25, 2009

driving to nowhere and ending up somewhere

I got in my little car and drove this morning with no destination in mind, started on my favorite highway, turned down a few unknown roads end ended up in a glorious valley in the middle of nowhere... I just needed to get out, to reflect and to come to terms with a few things. More than that though, my heart's been quite focused on something lately and I needed to get some perspective. I needed to have peace that knew whatever happens, it's all going to be good, either way. To tell God that I do trust him, and to have him speak to my heart with no other voices going through my head.

So I got in the car and drove my car places it should not drive to... and through water and rocky roads that a wee little city car like mine should not go :) and it was good.

I parked in a National Park (note for the future though: tell someone before you get out of mobile range where in Australia you actually ended up, which direction you went and well.. the fact that you've gone!!) and, as I had no idea that I'd end up there, said "stuff safety" and proceeded to hike in my open toed dress sandles and shorts.

All the way along I just wanted to sit by water and reflect, so you can imagine how amazed I was when around the first corner I came by this view.

It looks prettier in real life. Breathcatchingly so.

I sat on a rock. Reflected. Prayed. Came to Peace... and then drove home in half the time :)

This week will be huge, but I'm so thankful for the opportunity I had today. I'm also thankful that whenever whatever happens, my perspective has shifted once more where it's supposed to be. Focus on the highest point and all the rest falls into place with clarity.

1 comment:

Steve said...

sweet :)