Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Hypocritical

I've always been pretty set in my standards when it comes to certain things. Non-negotiable standards which "I" in years past would be shocked at "I" today and her questions.

Today, this weekend past, I find myself a hypocrite. I understand why people might let standards slip. I apologise for my judgmental superiority.

The thing is, tomorrow night I'm placing myself in a similar situation, just one that I won't enjoy nearly as much. Some girls from work are bringing some guys along to a regular Trivia Night for the specific purpose of introducing them to "some nice girls" - I being one of them. Mind you, it's my regular Trivia game that they who normally don't go are setting us up at.

Why do I have such an issue? The guys aren't Christians.

Why am I even more introspective about it than normal? Because I know a non-Christian who ticks all the boxes in my "ever could want" list, excepting his belief in Jesus Christ. Knowing him and getting to know him more has brought my awful hypocrisy to a gut wrenching screech. It's not that anything's happening ~ don't get me wrong ~ it's just the realisation that if anything were to start to happen I would have a fight on my hands with that one big un-ticked box.

No comments: