Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thread Counts and Convicting Coffee Club Chats

I had a very interesting afternoon following work today.

To begin with I was late to meet up with a friend who works as a PA within another school here in town. Our schools have often had what can be termed a "friendly" rivalry. It's great to beat them in things, and because we are focused at a similar target audience it can be a bit competitive. This afternoon though I was really convicted by the fact that both our schools exist to glorify God in and through our students. We should be helping each other. We should be encouraging each other. Rejoicing in each others successes and supporting through the trials.

A thought to consider and act upon.

I then went grocery shopping and got sidetracked (note to self: in future buy groceries afterwards or at least don't by heavy items if any possibility of being distracted on way to car) by a sale at a linen store. I have needed a new quilt set for a very long time - I either choose my pre-twenties days sets (including quilt that is horridly moulting feathers) or just sheets (which leads to the unfortunate current circumstance of adding sleeping bags when I get cold. Anyway, I finally found a set that I really liked and then went to another shop (Myer) for an even more fabulous sale where I got the quilt cover and two funky pillows of the same set all for less than the price of the original quilt price (gotta love 50% off)... it's white with texture in the shape of leaves - sounds odd but simply elegant and stunning... best thing is that I'll be able to decorate it nicely with throws etc.. anyway all of this to say:

Single people are deprived!

I've always been of the opinion that while you're single you should stick to a single bed because then you don't get used to the space of a bigger bed that you don't have to share and get a rude shock when you do share it! unless of course you just go with a double and then when married move up to a king :)

AGAIN I WANDER... single people are deprived because luxury thread count sheets don't come in single bed sizes :(

3 comments:

Satsuki Rebel said...

We have no problem with luxury twin sheets over in the US....

Just writing to give you a heads up. Australia customs didn't allow me to ship any of the food items I bought, which was 9 out of the 10 things I chose. Then I managed to get this horrid cold (which I still have, a week later). I couldn't get to a store to buy other stuff to replace the food. The end result is this- you should be getting 9 different small packages from etsy, one of the few places where you can buy things online and get them shipped overseas. I hope you enjoy them! ^^ -SR

(Oh, and this was for blogging by mail btw.)

somewhere_smiling said...

Thanks Satsuki! You didn't by any chance send me something from Hawaii did you??? Does etsy ship from there??? Thanks so much!!!

Satsuki Rebel said...

Yeah, the scrabble pendents were one of the packages. Most will probably be coming from various spots in the US.