Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thankful for the day I never thought I would be thankful for

I didn't sleep that well last night, stress got the better of me and I was wakeful at the thought of today. A presentation to the full staff team still needed a lot of work, I had no idea how to actually work (i.e. modify & update) a new module on our website that I was demonstrating and have more areas than I'd rather admit needing more work then I can provide time for.

I prayed. I asked God to help me though. He did.

I sit at the end of the day, the end of a successful day in which I was faithful to do all that I could do, and I am thankful.

I get insecure, at what I don't do and what I can't do, quite often. I compare myself to others and I'm my own worst critic, especially where everything I do is critiqued in one way or another by the person who I directly represent (which is how in this type of job it always is). Yet, as I look back on today, and my anxiety last night, I'm thankful for today in a way I never thought I would be. I'm out of my league in so many areas, yet in that I'm reminded that God is made perfect in our weaknesses.

I hope an angel reminds me of today and God's faithfulness in bringing me through it next time I stress out... committing our ways to God does work, asking for guidance does help, trusting in God is not futile. No matter how simplistic it sounds.

2 comments:

Miwa in HK said...

Well done Liz! I can just imagine how well you did it all today and am really pleased:) Well done stepping out like that!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, well done, I also freak out at these sorts of things! The great thing is, now it's done and under your belt, that is one more achievement for you. It's one more reason to be slightly less scared and slightly more confident next time you face a similar challenge. I like remembering what things freaked me out 10 years ago, it is very encouraging! ;-)