Monday, March 24, 2008

The Difference of a Name

While watching the local news I heard about a lady whose three children were in a car with her which crashed, two of them dying at the scene and the third of whom was in a critical condition.

While watching the National news I heard the same story but the additional details of a familiar family name of the grand father, and the name of the mother. How horrified I was that this family which I had heard about 20 minutes earlier with little regard was known to me. It was just another news story, now it is incredibly sad news.

After speaking a family member who is more known to me, I ask for your prayers this evening for Carmen (4 years old) the little girl who has survived her brother Elliot (1) and sister Lydia (6), as she fights for her life in a hospital in Brisbane, and of course for their mother Megan as she recovers in Toowoomba. I'd also ask for you to lift up the extended family, my friend Merrin in particular who has lost her niece and nephew, and her parents Allan and Colleen.

May you all tuck your children in extra tight tonight.

No comments: